Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I Didn't See This


I died a little today
I am at a shop
Around the corner
Having a cup of black
At least you could have said goodbye
Why do I have to ask you why
Where did I go that led you there
Saying you will never come back
That you really don't care
I chew the inside of my lip
I taste my blood
Like sickness in my mouth
I'm collapsing from the inside
Gnawing pain in my wrist
Body in a twist
I'm having those thoughts again
I think today will be the end
I can't settle on how to do it
A gun, pills
Jumping off the Roosevelt Bridge
To go means to never come back
I wouldn't care but
I want to see you again
And if I leap
You win
But I'm a better player
I know the rules
I wrote them
But the rookie rises, surpasses
And I slouch on a counter stool
Eating two sugar donuts
Looking for my pride
At the bottom of a coffee cup
And the courage to leave the shop
What happens now
I go home and wait
Contemplate
Maybe you will come
Get your things
I didn't see this


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment